Our current sql server is SQL Server 2005 and we use Exchange 2007.
Today we attempted to use SSRS to send a report outside of our domain and when the report ran, we noticed that subscription’s status was “The e-mail address of one or more recipients is not valid”.
We knew we had good email addresses, so we decided to look elsewhere for the answer to the issue.
Our SSRS email settings looked like this
Based on the answer here we modified the Allowed Relay properties and added the sql server’s ip address to the “Receive mail from remote servers that have these IP addresses” section (While in the Exchange Management Console, select Hub Transport under Server Configuration, select Receive Connectors, then right click on the Allow Relay entry…Select the Network tab, then add or edit the sql server ip address in the “Receive mail from remote servers that have these IP addresses” section).
After adding the sql server’s ip address as above, the subscription worked!